Breakfast at McDonald's

This is a good story and is true, please read it all the way
through until the end! (After the story, there are some very
interesting facts!):

I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently
completed my college degree.

The last class I had to take was Sociology.

The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the
qualities that I wish every human being had been graced with.

Her last project of the term was called, "Smile."

The class was asked to go out and smile at three
people and document their reactions.

I am a very friendly person and always smile at
everyone and say hello anyway. So, I thought this would be a
piece of cake, literally.

Soon after we were assigned the project, my
husband, youngest son, and I went
out to McDonald's one crisp
March morning.

It was just our way of sharing special playtime
with our son.
We were standing in line, waiting to be served,
when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away,
and then even my husband did.

I did not move an inch... an overwhelming feeling of
panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why
they had moved.

As I turned around I smelled a horrible "dirty body"
smell, and there standing behind me were two poor homeless
men.

As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to
me, he was "smiling".
His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light
as he searched for acceptance.

He said, "Good day" as he counted the few coins
he had been clutching.

The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood
behind his friend. I realized the second man was
mentally challenged and the blue-eyed gentleman was his salvation.

I held my tears as I stood there with them.

The young lady at the counter asked him what
they wanted.

He said, "Coffee is all Miss" because that was all
they could afford. (If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and
warm up, they had to buy something. He just wanted to be warm).

Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so
great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the
blue eyes.

That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were
set on me, judging my every action.

I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter
to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray.

I then walked around the corner to the table that
the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the>table and laid
my hand on the blue-eyed gentleman's cold hand.

He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said,
"Thank you."

I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, "I did not do
this for you. God is here working through me to give you hope."

I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband
and son.

When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, "That is
why God gave you to me, Honey, to give me hope."

We held hands for a moment and at that time, we knew
that only because of the Grace that we had been given were
we able to give.

We are not church goers, but we are believers.

That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love.

I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with
this story in hand.

I turned in "my project" and the instructor read it.

Then she looked up at me and said, "Can I share this?"

I slowly nodded as she got the attention of
the class.

She began to read and that is when I knew that we, as
human beings, and being part of God share this need to heal
people and to be healed.

In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's,
my son, instructor, and every soul that shared the
classroom on the last night I spent as a college student.

I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would
ever learn:

UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.

Much love and compassion is sent to each and every
person who may read this and learn how to

LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS - NOT LOVE THINGS AND
USE PEOPLE.